Prepare your home for sale – Building Inspections Perth
Presentation of your property is a critical factor in achieving the highest possible price, so it’s important to have your property looking its absolute best on inspection day.
1. First impressions count – maximise your curb appeal
- Make sure your front lawn and any fencing is in tip top condition.
- Mow and water your front lawn and get the paint brush out to tidy up any chipped or cracked paintwork.
- Ensure gutters are free of leaves.
2. Neutralise your space
- Dissociate yourself from your home: depersonalise your space so buyers can see how they might fit in there.
- De-clutter- you may love your teapot collection but it may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
3. A stitch in time saves nine – make those repairs!
A buyer looking for a turnkey property will often be put off by even the most minor repairs. That cracked laundry window pane you’ve been meaning to fix could lead to either a lower purchase price or lengthen the time it takes to sell the property. The more minor things you can fix the better. A buyer will add up the cost of repairing all the minor flaws and will end up with an amount much higher than what it would cost you to do the repairs yourself – especially if your no stranger to bunnings! We work in conjunction with Pest control Perth for all your timber pest issues.
- Check and repair damaged or unsightly tiles and grout in the tubs and showers.
- Repair dripping taps and shower heads.
- Fix doors and windows that don’t close properly.
- Repair damaged roofs.
- Replace cracked tiles.
- Check all light switches and bulbs are working – these may be switched on during an inspection.
- Repair holes or damage to plaster, skirting boards, window panes, wallpaper, paint, tiles and ceilings.
- Replace any cracked glass.
- Ensure window latches/ locks and handles are in working order.
- Repair damaged flyscreens.
- Repair damaged fences.
- Check garage doors are oiled and automatic doors are in working order.
- building inspections, building inspection, building inspections Perth, building inspector, home inspections.